We “HEART” Hemp Hearts
! Anyone else feel this way?! Yes?! GOOD! Because today we’re listing off three different ways that you can use “July Super Specials” Manitoba Harvest, Hemp Hearts
Hemp Hearts, Used Three Ways! Brit, Team Ambrosia
Hemp hearts by Manitoba Harvest are essentially the raw shelled hemp seed! They’re packed with all sorts of nutritional goodness, including 10g of BOTH plant-based protein & omegas, per 30g serving! Sprinkle these little bad boys on pretty much anything & you’ve got yourself a super food schmorgesborg!!
Avocado Hemp Toast
Image Via: Manitoba Harvest
Okay, so we’ve all seen the plethora of avocado “toast art” that Instagram/social media has to offer. But despite the fact that this snack staple is no longer novel, there are definitely a few ways that you can switch things up a little to avoid “avocado toast boredom”!
- Whole grain bread
- Avocado – mashed
- Hemp Hearts
- Toppings of your choosing! Options include: corn, feta, cilantro, tomatoe, egg, fruits etc
This one is incredibly easy! Sprinkle hemp seeds on top of your morning smoothie to kick up the nutritional value!
Frozen Banana Pops
Oh my goodness, I saw this on the Manitoba Harvest website & knew that I immediately had to try this… like yesterday! How good does this look?!
This sweet treat is more than perfect to cool down during the hot, summer days that we’ve been having!
Ingredients (Makes 4):
- Toast the whole grain bread
- Once finished, spread the mashed avocado onto the bread
- Top with toppings of your choosing
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts
- 2 bananas
- A handful of dark chocolate chips
- Hemp Hearts
- A handful of crushed walnuts
- Popsicle Sticks
How do you sprinkle?!
- Cut bananas in half and insert a popsicle stick into each banana half! Depending on the length of the popsicle stick, you may have to cut each popsicle stick in half!
- Place the bananas into an uncovered Tupperware container and let it sit in the freezer for around 30 minutes!
- While you let the bananas sit, place your chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and put it in the microwave; turn on! My chocolate chips took about 45 seconds to melt, but this could be different for everyone! Make sure to keep your eye on this, and mix every 15 seconds or so.TIP: Try squeezing a bit of orange juice into the chocolate, post-melt! It puts a different spin on things!!!
- Once the chocolate has melted, take the bananas out of the freezer and start to roll the banana in the melted chocolate until it is covered!
- Sprinkle with crushed walnuts and hemp hearts.
- Freeze the banana pops again; I let mine sit for about two hours!