They’re HERE! The 2016 Summer Olympics officially
kickoff tomorrow and we couldn’t be more excited for two weeks of sport-filled awesomeness! So to help celebrate, we’re helping YOU embrace your inner athlete by listing off three unique ways to sneak in your protein fix!
Protein Powder – Three Ways! – Brit, Team Ambrosia
I don’t know about you, but I am positively OBSESSED with all things Olympics! I get oh, so excited once that infamous flame is lit every couple of years I can hardly stand it! Don’t ask me why, because to be honest I’m not quite sure what
exactly gets me so ecstatic about the Games. Perhaps it’s the unity and patriotism? Who knows!
ANYWAYS, today is all about getting you in the athletic spirit and discovering your own
inner Olympian! And what better way to fuel your inner Olympian than with protein, am I right?!
Protein is an essential
component of not only the athlete’s diet, but also everyone’s
diet; it’s involved in a wide range of your body’s metabolic reactions and helps to lay the foundation to build our muscles among other things! Not to mention, proteins can literally be found in all cells of the human body… so be sure you’re squeezing in an adequate amount!
Below are three unique ways to fit in your protein fix!
- Protein Carrot Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 large banana
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1/6 cup coconut nectar or agave (your choice!)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 – 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1-2 dash’s ground nutmeg
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- ½ cup of grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place all of your ingredients into the blender (except for the grated carrots), and blend until smooth
- Add grated carrots into the mixture
- Divide batter into lined or greased muffin cups, and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown and a tester stick comes out clean
- Once baked, remove from oven and let cool
- Iced Coffee
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder – I used N8ked’s, Chocolate Coconut Protein Powder (20g of protein, Non GMO & Gluten/Lactose-Free). For a plant-based option, try Vega Essentials Shake – Chocolate (also 20g of protein). This will be your sweetening element; not to mention, this offers up a unique alternative to your protein smoothies!
- 1 Cup of Coffee
- Ice Cubes
- Almond OR Coconut Milk – perfect cream substitute… especially coconut milk – I find it to be a bit creamier!!
- Add ice cubes to a cup
- Pour coffee into the cup (be sure that you’ve let the coffee cool to room temperature, prior to pouring it into the cup)!
- Stir in protein powder
- Add desired amount of almond or coconut milk
- Chocolate Pudding
- 1 Scoop of Chocolate flavoured protein powder
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 Cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Fruits or nuts for garnish – pistachios or raspberries work well!
How do you fit in your daily protein?!
- Place protein powder, avocado, almond/coconut milk into a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into dessert cups and let the mixture set for an hour in the refrigerator
- Garnish with nuts or fruit