With the start of Ramadan being just over a week away, we wanted to share a couple of recipes to break fast using our May Super Special, Organic Medjool Dates!
Three Date Recipes to Break Fast With
Dates are traditionally used to break the fast during Ramadan for many reasons, but they’re primarily
used due to the numerous health benefits dates provide; particularly
helpful during fasting! Dates are very nutrient dense, and are high in fibre, protein, natural sugars, vitamins and many minerals which provide an excellent source of energy; necessary
when one breaks fast! Not to mention, dates are extremely easily digestible, so consuming dates after fasting is a great way to obtain these nutrients quicker!
So without further ado, here are our top three favourite date recipes!
Chocolate Covered Dates, Sprinkled with Crushed Pistachios
- Dates, pitted
- Chocolate coins or baking chocolate
- Pistachios or other salted nuts (crushed)
Creamy Date Smoothie
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan on low heat. Be sure to stir occasionally so that the chocolate does not burn!
- Transfer the melted chocolate into a bowl
- Dip each of the dates into the chocolate
- Sprinkle the crushed pistachios on each date!
- Allow to cool
- 5 cups of dairy free milk alternative
- 2 frozen bananas
- 4 medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of cacoa powder
- 2 tbsp of hemp or chia seeds
Date N'ice Cream
- Place all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until you reach desired consistency
- 4 ripe frozen bananas
- 3 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- Salted peanuts (crushed)
- Chocolate Chips
- Place the bananas and dates into a blender, blend until you reach a rich, creamy consistency
- Place nicecream into a bowl
- Top with peanuts and chocolate chips!
Let us know if you try these recipes!