Happy October! With Thanksgiving less than one week away – can you believe it?!
– we thought that we would take the opportunity to showcase some of October’s Featured Products in 3 easy, delicious and nutritious dessert recipes! Yes… we just said “nutritious” and “dessert” in the same sentence. Hosting this big, holiday dinner is stressful enough as it is, so take the load off when it comes to the dessert by making THESE recipes the day before your friends and family arrive this long weekend! ENJOY!
Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
This may be shocking to hear… but Thanksgiving is more than just
pumpkin pie! To be quite frank, I’m actually not even that
big of a “pumpkin pie fan”. There – I said it.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love me some good ol’ fashioned pumpkin flavoured treats, but when it comes to the pie itself I’m just simply NOT a fan! I think that it probably has something to do with the texture. SO today you will not see a single
pumpkin pie recipe in SITE because we are breaking the Thanksgiving barriers and delving into the world of fall holidays… sans pumpkin pie!
I promise that it will be an eye opening experience.
Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies with Califia Coconut & Almond Milk
- ½ cup Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin Puree (on SALE for the month of October!)
- 1 cup cacao
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup Califia Coconut & Almond Milk- This is one of our October’s Featured Products! This plant-based coconut beverage contains 50% more calcium than milk, is verified soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free AND is only 45 calories per serving!
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ambrosia’s Own Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/3 Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
Maple Glazed Walnut Rice Cake Toppers with Element Rice Cakes
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add cacao, coconut sugar, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, maple, Califia Coconut & Almond Milk, coconut oil, and vanilla into a bowl
- Add in the pumpkin puree and the chia and water mixture. Mix all ingredients together.
- Next, add baking soda and almond flour into the bowl and combine.
- Take this mixture and add it into a baking pan greased with coconut oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool before eating
- Element Rice Cakes in Organic Milk Chocolate Flavour – Another one of our October Featured Products! These tasty rice cakes are organic, gluten-free, Non-GMO, kosher and contain no artificial ingredients… did we mention they’re dipped in delicious chocolate?!
- 2 Cups Natural Walnut Halves (On SALE this month!!!)
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Ground Cinnamon (to taste)
Pumpkin “Brownie” Ice Cream With Enjoy Life Energy Bites
- Add the walnuts, maple syrup and salt to a pre-heated dry pan over medium heat
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the syrup is caramelized. Stir frequently
- Allow to cool before topping each milk chocolate dipped rice cake with caramelized nuts
- Sprinkle each rice cake with ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup Farmer’s Market Pumpkin Puree (On SALE this month!!!)
- 1 14oz (400ml) can Cha’s Organics Coconut Cream
- 1 14oz (400ml) can Cha’s Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Canadian Heritage Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Ambrosia’s Own Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 5 tsp Ground Allspice
- 5 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Enjoy Life Energy Bites; Cinnamon Flavour – This October Featured Product has an excellent, truffle-like flavour and texture… just healthier! They offer an impressive 6g of protein per serving!
- Two days before creating your pumpkin ice cream, place the bowl from your ice cream maker into the freezer.
- Place a pot on medium heat and add in coconut cream, coconut milk, brown sugar and maple syrup to the pot. Heat until simmering and be sure to stir occasionally.
- Once the mixture comes to a simmer, remove pot from the heat.
- Add in the pumpkin pureé, Made Good Energy Bites, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and sea salt.
- Place this pumpkin blend into a blender, and blend on high for 30 seconds until combined
- Place this mixture into a covered container and place in the fridge overnight
- Transfer this pumpkin mixture to the ice cream machine and churn. Follow the instructions of the ice cream machine or until it reaches a nice soft serve texture
- Remove and place into a container
Will you be trying these recipes out?!