We’re Coco for Coconuts!
fast approaching, we’re taking advantage of our favourite seasonal flavour using some of June’s Featured Products! And what’s that flavour you ask? COCONUTS! From savoury to sweet to summer sips… we’re going absolutely COCO for coconuts in today’s post! ENJOY!
Coconut Recipes for Summer
- Crushed Sejoyai’s Salted Caramel Coconut Thins – all of Sejoyai’s ingredients are mindfully selected so that their cookies fuel you with added nutrient value… delicious AND nutritious!
- 2 cans Cha’s Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Canadian Heritage Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Ambrosia’s Own Vanilla Extract
- Sliced Organic Bananas
Coconut, Pineapple & Ham Pizza
- Add coconut cream to a large bowl, and using a hand-mixer, break down coconut cream to a whipped consistency. Set aside.
- Place crushed Sejoyai’s Salted Caramel Coconut Thins at the bottom of a glass jar or small dessert bowl.
- Top with whipped coconut cream
- Top with bananas and crushed Sejoyai’s Salted Caramel Coconut Thins
Real Coconut - Coconut Flour Tortillas – these gluten-free, non-GMO tortillas are made with coconut flourand cassava.
- Organic pineapples – sliced
- Ham – diced
- Toasted Coconut Shavings
- Tomato sauce
- Shredded Cheese
For the Filling
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add the Coconut Flour Tortilla to a pan, and place in the oven for 8 minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven, and spread tomato sauce onto the coconut flour tortilla. Top with shredded cheese, organic pineapples, diced ham and toasted coconut
- Place back into the oven until cheese melts
- Remove from the oven and top with toasted coconut
For the Crust
- 1 ½ cups coconut cream
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 Cups Sejoyai’s Salted Caramel Coconut Thins
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar(plus more to taste)
- Dash of sea salt
- 4 Tbsp melted coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard pie pan loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add Sejoyai’s Salted Caramel Coconut Thins, sea salt, and coconut sugar to a high speed blenderand mix on high until you reach a fine consistency
- Remove lid and add melted coconut oil. Pulse on low until a loose dough is formed.
- Transfer the crust mixture to pan and spread evenly to distribute.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Increase heat to 375 F and bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, vegan cream cheese, arrowroot starch, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil and sea salt to a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth
- Pour the vegan cream cheese filling evenly onto the pre-baked crust
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour
- Let rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, then transfer to refrigerator for 5 hours