- Apple, Cinnamon Infused Water - We posted this on our Instagram the other week, & I’ve got to say this is definitely a MUST TRY! I was completely surprised by how flavourful the apple/cinnamon combination is! Simply add cinnamon and apple to your water, let it sit in the fridge overnight and serve! Ps. If you DON’T follow us on Instagram… click HERE!
- Turmeric Milk - Turmeric milk or turmeric lattes are both such a hot topic these days… and for good reason! It’s delicious and nutritious! Like I’ve mentioned, turmeric has an incredible nutritional profile; it’s loaded with antioxidants - particularly beneficial inflammatory conditions! Warm 2 cups of milk over low to medium heat in a saucepan, add1 tsp of turmeric, 1 cinnamon stick and honey (if desired). Simmer for 10 minutes.
- DIY Pot Simmers - Not only do I love the tastes of fall spices, I looooooove the scent of them too! These DIY pot simmers will fill your house with the most beautiful, natural (non-toxic) autumn scent, and you will LOVE it! Simply add water clementines, ginger, and cinnamon sticks to a pot, and allow to simmer over low heat.
- Infused Honey - I’ve posted about this DIY infused honey recipe before, and it is simply one of my favourite recipes during the fall! I love putting a dollop of infused honey into my hot water before bed… it’s the perfect soother! Not to mention, if I feel a sore throat or cold coming on - this is my go-to! Add a couple of cinnamon sticks, ginger or clementines to a jar of honey and allow to sit overnight before adding to your hot water or tea!
- Seasonal Soups - I’m so unbelievably happy that we’ve officially crossed over into soup season! I mean, you can technically still have soup in the summer… but in my humble opinion it’s simply just not the same… like at all. There’s nothing like a hot bowl of soup to warm you up on a frigid day! I love adding ginger, cinnamon or turmeric to any of my fall soup recipes during this time of the year!
What are some of your favourite ways to use herbs & spices?!