5 Holiday Survival Guide Tips and Tricks
Avoid Skipping MealsThe holidays can be a hectic time. You probably find yourself rushing around trying to get everything ready. If this sounds like you, our advice is to remember to take care of yourself. The first step? Getting enough healthy food! If you’re struggling to find time to cook… why not try Boosh? Boosh offers microwaveable, plant-based meals that are nutritious, and, most important, super easy and quick! Not to mention, they offer comfort food classics like THIS hearty shepherd’s pie – perfect for cold, winter days! And don’t forget to treat yourself to a few delicious desserts during the holidays — otherwise you may find yourself constantly picking chocolates out of that chocolate gift box, and overdoing it. Try our twist on a festive Ice Cream Sundae recipe for a festive way to satisfy your sweet tooth: Ice Cream Sundae with a Holiday Twist
- Mochi Ice Cream | My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream – Ice cream you can chew! This delicious ice cream is a great alternative to less healthy supermarket options, and it’s made using mocha dough. For THIS “sundae” we recommend the vanilla or salted caramel falvours – both vegan AND gluten free!
- Bada Bean Bada Boom - This amazing snack is the perfect crunchy topping to add a bit of texture to your dessert. Plus, it’s low in fat and high in protein, making it a healthy addition to your dessert.
- Organic Pomegranate Seeds
- Green & Blacks Chocolate; melted – On SALE this month!
- Add My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream to a bowl
- Top with Bada Bean Bada Boom and organic pomegranate seeds
- Drizzle with melted Green & Blacks Chocolate
Choose Your Drinks WiselyWith the holidays often comes a tendency to overindulge in alcohol. If you’ve ever found yourself saying yes to one more cocktail because “it’s the holidays,” you aren’t alone. Ever heard of the sober curious movement? More and more people are opting to significantly decrease their alcohol intake and opt for alcohol free beverages. If you’re trying to cut back on alcohol this holiday season, try incorporating a few mocktails into your repertoire, including this delicious Apple Cider Mocktail: Ingredients: 2 oz. orange or pineapple juice 3/4 oz. Ambrosia’s Own Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple cider vinegar has various healthful properties, including antimicrobial and antioxidant effects. 1 oz. Canadian Heritage Maple Syrup – On SALE this month! 1 piece crystallized ginger for garnish Directions:
- Add all ingredients to a glass
- Stir until well combined
- Garnish with crystallized ginger