What better way to celebrate the start of August than with a mouthwatering BBQ recipe?! Side Note: we actually cannot think of anything to be quite honest!
Summer is in full
swing, and some of this month’s Featured Products are right in line with a plant-based meal worthy of any great BBQ feast! On the menu? Pulled Jackfruit BBQ Sandwiches!!!! And Spoiler Art:
Pulled Jackfruit BBQ Sandwiches
We’ve got some PRETTY exciting new products this month here at Ambrosia
, and as SOON as I saw that Upton’s Original Jackfruit
was one of them, I KNEW that we had to test out a BBQ recipe of sorts!
Jackfruit is making BIG waves in the health food industry as of late, specifically for its likeness to meat texture and appearance! Not to mention, this tree-born fruit is high in fibre, Non-GMO, cholesterol free & an excellent
source of vitamin C… it ALSO makes a really wonderful meat alternative in tacos, wraps and sandwiches! Plus – it’s absolutely delicious!
In terms of the bun, we recently brought in plant based brioche buns from Ozery Bakery!! I mean… these two were practically MADE for one another! The new brioche buns are Non-GMO, free from eggs & dairy, & free of artificial preservatives – but DOES NOT sacrifice in the flavour department! Rest assured, you’re still going to get that light, fluffy texture you normally would with traditional brioche buns… it’s just going to be a whole lot better for ya!
Want to get started? Excellent! Below is a recipe from our Supplement Manager Arin – who recently concocted up a super tasty, pulled jackfruit meal… so I therefore decided to “jack
” her recipe for this post! See what I did there????
ENJOY! And thank-you Arin!!!
Here’s What You’ll Need – Recipe from Arin, Team Ambrosia
- Upton’s BBQ Jackfruit *** The BBQ Jackfruit has a bit of a kick to it! So if you’re not able to tolerate spice, go with the Original Jackfruit & mix with a sweeter BBQ sauce (Tip: Heat it in a sauce pan with the BBQ sauce for a few minutes on low)
- Pita Break’s Brioche Buns
- Coconut Mayo
- Apple’s (Optional)
- Caramelized Onions (optional)
NOTE - Side Dish:
- Heat up the Jackfruit in a sauce pan for 5-8 minutes on low-medium heat – if you want to add caramelized onions, add them in here and mix it up with the BBQ Jackfruit so the flavours combine nicely!
- Meanwhile, toast the brioche buns, and spread vegan mayo onto them
- Top the brioche buns with the BBQ Jackfruit
- Add slices of raw apples here (optional)! This will make for a great texture, and contrast! The sweetness of the apple will help cool down the spice!
If you’re looking for a GREAT side dish for this email – we would totally recommend the Alexia Onion Rings – super crispy AND delicious!
Let us know if you try this out!